Hello everyone. My name is Jerri Jorgensen. I’ve lived in St George for 26 years, we have eight children, eight grandchildren, and I’m almost 65 years old.
Fourteen months ago I walked into Red Rock Bicycle as I had the thought of taking up mountain biking. Who takes up mountain biking as a brand new hobby at my age?? Oh yeah, that would be me!
I took several sessions of golf lessons, realizing “well this ain’t it”. I’ve been active my whole life and I love challenging myself out of my so-called “comfort zones.”
Most of my friends told me I was crazy to start mountain biking at my age. Eh! I may not bounce like I used to, (might be a splat or two) AND I knew I wanted to try it.
So, walking into Red Rock I saw a gorgeous cool turquoise Specialized Stumpjumper.
It had my name all over it. I
Little did I know what this bike WOULD do for me:
- I smile every dang time I’m on it.
- I’m getting stronger, learning techniques and staying so very healthy, mentally as well as physically.
- I have met the most amazing friends who let me bike with them (I think they just think I’m funny!).
- The group rides (thank you Shirley and Bobbie!!) are such a highlight to my week.
- The incredible coaching (thank you again Shirley and Bobbie).
I thank God
I call them the three C’s.
- CREATE the life I desire.
- COURAGE to get out there, take a risk, knowing that the payoff is amazing.
- COMMITMENT to trust myself, my bike, to keep rolling to stay upright!
No matter your age, get up,
Get a bike! Your body, spirit, and soul will be grateful!
Written by Jerri Jorgensen